The Tokina atx-i 11-16mm F2.8 CF is designed as an ultra wide angle zoom lens for APS-C sensor DLSR cameras. It is the only f/2.8 fast ultra wide angle zoom lens for APS-C sized DSLR cameras in the current market (according to internal survey September, 2019).
The useful 11-16mm focal length is chosen in order to position this lens as an easy demanded gear after standard zoom lenses or initial wide angle zoom lens to start with.
A constant maximum aperture of f/2.8 throughout the entire zoom range is realized to achieve great results in low light environments, for depth of field control and easy manual shooting, while maintaining a reasonable size and weight of the lens.
- Ultra-wide 11-16mm focal lengthIdeal for shooting landscapes, interiors, nightscapes, and group shots.
- Constant maximum aperture of f/2.8Great performance in low light shooting, exceptional depth of field control and easy manual management.
- Excellent optical performanceEdge-to-edge sharpness, reduced flares and ghosting, excellent contrast.
- Internal FocusNo problems with lens balancing and using graduated or polarizing filters.
- Water-repellent coatingEasy to wipe and maintain the front element clean.
- One-touch Focus Clutch mechanismEasy AF/MF switching without interruption of the shooting process.
- Greatly balanced cost performanceReasonable pricing compared to high level of performance.
Ultra-wide 11-16mm focal length, constant maximum aperture of f/2.8 makes this lens an essential tool for the following genres of photography: landscape, group photos and environmental portraits, architecture (especially interiors) automobile photography, street photography and night sky photography.
The Tokina atx-i 11-16mm F2.8 CF is designed with videographers and film makers in mind who shoot both stills and video professionally, featuring the following advantages for such a kind of users:
- Wide cinematic angle enough to feel confident in small places.
- Minimized focus breathing – the subject framing does not show any change with focus adjustment.
- Natural footage – the image is not distorted while panning due to almost zero distortion performance.
- Constant aperture to use zoom while you are filming.
The Tokina atx-i 11-16mm F2.8 CF is a perfect match to use with gimbal.
- Ideal wide angle fitting cinematic standards.
- Light weight.
- Zooming abilities that allow user to shoot in different angles using the same lens.
- Since the overall length does not change thanks to internal type of focusing, there is no need to do gimbal calibration every time the angle of view was changed.
- Great color rendering and resolution abilities.
- Affordable price and high quality compared to really expensive cinema lenses.
For more visit: https://tokinalens.com/product/atx_i_11_16mm_f2_8_cf/#examples